Combined Heat & Power Services
Services and Sponsors
The Energy Resources Center provides a multitude of services in the Distributed Generation and Combined Heat and Power sectors
Assessing Fair Costs for CHP: MidAmerican Standby Rate Proposals Report Heading link
Education and Outreach
Providing information on the energy and non-energy benefits and applications of CHP to state and local policy makers, regulators, energy end-users, trade associations and others.
- Example: Ohio’s Pilot Project for Combined Heat & Power, provided assistance to the Public Commission of Ohio.
Assessing Fair Costs for CHP: Mid-American Standby
- Example: Iowa On-Site Generation Tariff Barrier Overview prepared for the Iowa Environmental Council and the Environmental Law & Policy Center
- Example: MidAmerican Standby Rate Proposals prepared for the Iowa Environmental Council and the Environmental Law & Policy Center
- Example: Analysis of Standby Rates and Net Metering Policy Effects on Combined Heat and Power (CHP) Opportunities in Minnesota prepared for the Minnesota Department of Commerce, Division of Energy Resources.
Providing technical assistance to end-users and stakeholders to help them consider CHP, waste heat to power, and/or district energy with CHP in their facility and to help them through the project development process from initial CHP screening to installation.
(EE) Program Dev. Technical Assistance for CHP
- Example: (In Progress) Illinois CHP Pilot Program Development for Public Sector Facilities, provided technical assistance to Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (Illinois Energy Now Program)
- Example: Implementing the Combined Heat and Power and Waste Energy Recovery Provisions of Revised Code Section 4928.64 & 4928.66 (Ohio), provided technical assistance to the National Resource Defense Council and the Ohio Environmental Council.
Illinois Biogas / Biomass to Energy Projects
The ERC manages the State of Illinois’ Biogas / Biomass to Energy grant program for the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO)
- Example: Clinton County Community Manure Management and Methane Recovery Feasibility Study, prepared for Heartlands Conservancy
- Example: Hunter Haven Farms, Pearly City, Illinois, 260 kW CHP system
Boiler MACT Tech Assistance Program
The US DOE CHP Technical Assistance Partnerships (Midwest CHP TAP is managed through the ERC) offer technical assistance to the more than 550 major source facilities impacted by the Boiler MACT regulation.
- Example: Medical Center Company